Monday, August 22, 2011

Beating on the Straw Lady

Who knew straws could be so important? (Well actually, most pundits pay close attention to the Iowa poll.)

Mitch won the straw poll. Pawlenty drops out because of the straw poll. The crazy Pentecostal Rick Perry is apparently now not only entering, but has a chance? And the rest of us sort of sit back and wonder if there's anybody other than Ron Paul......


I suppose it could be worse. It could be Bush v Palin (only in an alternate universe). Or Palin vs Bachmann..... or Palin vs anybody.....

Seriously though, Bachmann may have won, but I have a real hard time believing Republicans are in a place to elect a women. There I said it, but it may be true. Plus, I think Paul gives us our best shot at the White House in 2012.

Your thoughts?

1 comment:

  1. i'm not a bachmann fan - she's a wacko in my book. not a romney fan at all - just one of those guys that for some reason, i just don't like - never have. i'm not anti-palin, but she's got a lot of baggage now-a-days.

    i do like huntsman - a lot. and i do like paul. i like huntsman better - but paul's still on my ok list.....for now.

    ReplyDelete