Thursday, October 6, 2011

Nine, Nine, Nine, Nien!

How does a pizza owner get to be President? Not only is the proposed Herman Cain solution to the economy bogus (9%national tax, 9% income tax, 9% corporate tax), but he lacks a certainly level of experience I'd be comfortable with in a President. I am, however, thrilled to see a bit of diversity getting some play. Palin doesn't count as diverse (more like loose cannon). Cain even considered a shot means the Tea Party hopefuls have a bit of clout, and a bit of clout is always a welcome addition to a party that can get really mired in the clay of inactivity. Change is good, and although I highly doubt Cain has any chance of winning, I'm happy to see a breathe of fresh air throughout the ranks. (I'll play the race card too, I doubt Republicans as a whole are ready for a black leader, but maybe I'm looking too much into things and am not as 'progressive' as may would think.....) That may be enough to keep some of the old guard from throwing votes his way. The rest will probably cringe at his lack of international experience. The last thing we need is a President who thinks every Muslim is a terrorist and has little grasp of state of the Mid-East (et al).

No comments:

Post a Comment